Saturday, April 28, 2012

Field trip



This new lay out is gonna take some getting used to.
Faith checked out something during the egg hunt, but left all of the egg finding up to  Angelus.

I recently took Faith on her first school field trip. The class went out to a place that was an arena and instead of having real horses, the kids all got stick horses and got to pretend to be rodeo people.  Doing "barrel racing", pretend bucking bulls coming out of chutes, racing wagons all with their cool cowboy hats and bandannas on.  There was a rodeo clown there who instructed the kids what to do and his little girl didn't have school on that day either so she came to help out her dad and was dressed as a kind of "mini" rodeo clown.  She told me, it's kind of fun and kinda not 'cause I hafta do what my dad tells me and listen to him.  She had a cool name, but since I don't know her parents or anything I won't put it up here 'cause I didn't ask 'em if I could.  Anyway, she was in kindergarten and had a camera with her.  The first thing she did was ask my permission before she took a photo of Faith.  I thought that was incredibly insightful and kind of her.  She then proceeds to try to get Faith to look at her and smile, when that didn't happen she asked me if I could ask Faith to smile for her.  I said I could, but weather or not she does it is a different story.  That little girl tried so many times in so many ways to get Faith to interact with her.  I thought it was just the greatest thing ever.  She did it in a non-threatening manner and just had tons of patience.  Most of the kids Faith goes to school with are like that, though.  They have just been around her all year so they aren't nearly as thrown by her not exactly paying attention to them.
Faith in her "rodeo gear"


Faith thought she needed to check out that spot (notice the arena is behind her)


Can you see where she is?  {hint: she's on the left, sitting)




She needed to REALLY check out the dirt inside of the arena. She is in "dirt heaven".
And of course she needed to get herself planted right in the middle of all the action. :)



There she is the the rodeo clown. 


Angelus got to go check out the Cherokee Heritage center with his Cherokee Pride program earlier this week he said it was really neat and they did a good job of recreating a village (or something like that...I should go check it out just to see what all it looks like) and they had a winter house and a summer house.  The winter house was his favorite.  It wasn't bigger, but it just looked "cooler"....well, he probably said "more awesome".  May 11th is his class field trip and I'm gonna go with him to that.  They're gonna go watch a movie (sitting through a movie is hard for me to do not because I have any kind of a health problem or anything....it's just hard for me to make myself sit still that long. But I do love my baby boy so we're gonna hang out watching whatever movie it is 'cause he asked me to go), then I think there is a trip to a park and some ice cream involved or something like that.



Searching for Easter eggs
Yay! He found one (Tommy hid some of 'em pretty good).


Hahaha! He found another one.



Dad and son looking for stuff together.


No comments:

Post a Comment