and of those who are not so much strangers...
Wednesday, I was on my way to get my kids from school when all of a sudden the truck started loosing power (I'd made it about 3miles)....and smoke started coming out everywhere. Now, I'm no *professional* in matters concerning vehicles, but I knew this was bad.
I was able to pull off at a gas station, the owners were okay with me leaving my vehicle there until we could get someone to move it, I was able to call my momma and she came got me and helped me get my little ones home from school. During the time I was waiting on my mom (which wasn't more than about fifteen minutes), I had two guys from the "road crew" ask if I was alright and if I needed any help, two guys at the gas station that were getting gas ask if I needed any help and if I had someone that I needed to call and then another random stranger take a look at the vehicle and ask if I had someone on their way to get me. I did. Trucks blowing up stinks, but having so many make sure you're okay and that you have someone to come and get you helps take the sting outta it. Things even as simple as being able to leave my truck there without it being a big deal, and others offering up phones if I needed it. My dad and uncle got it and brought it to my house, my momma helped take me around to get some errands completed yesterday that I really needed but wouldn't have been able to accomplish with no way to get there. We now live really close to Faith's school and yesterday Faith, Angelus, and I took a nature hike to the school house in the morning. Angelus ended up not going to school and hanging out with me doing errands yesterday. This morning, he made it to school and Faith and I took a nature hike together. And by "nature hike" together means, that she thinks her legs are broken and I carry her...she's tiny but after a little while 35lbs feels not so little. We made it close to the school house and another parent there that had just dropped off their kids gave us a ride the last few hundred yards. I know that's not too far, or really a big thing but very nice of them to do that and I am positive that very simple act of kindness will just stand out in my mind for years to come.
I got to walk back home and the weather is just absolutely beautiful. So, not carrying a 35lb. kid around that thinks her legs are broken it's definitely a wonderful day to be out in nature. So, even though parts of it all stinks it's just wonderful to see how many good people are out there. I mean, I always knew that....it's just even cooler when one gets to experience it.
Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLots of good people out there. Sometimes, we just gotta take time to see 'em (even through those cruddy situations). :)
Deleteand Thanks!