I haven't updated my blog or posted in a LONG time because I completely forgot my username (not just the password), I got that figured out today. I'd actually even tried a few other times, with no luck. So two years ago I got to tell you all about our newest addition making his way into the world. It was exciting and scary and wonderful all wrapped into one, much like it is today. :) He runs, jumps, climbs on everything. Says a few things with a new things coming outta his mouth every week, it seems. Loves to watch wrestling, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Little Einsteins is his very favorite. Angelus keeps doing well in school. A's and B's (I am certain he could pull all A's without even putting up much of an effort, but also pretty sure he has most of his teachers convinced he isn't as bright as what he actually is. I guess I just figured it isn't worth the battle. I'll just be happy with him being an A/B student). One day maybe (but if we are being totally honest, probably not) he will actually put in the effort and try his best at something.
Oklahoma has ran its budget into the ground, which pretty well sucks. Faith has a one on one aide, it has worked out very well this school year. Since PreK up until this school year she had always shared with another kid and last year the two kids together just got to be too much. I got phone calls to go and get her about 3x a week (it was awful). I think I have been called 3x this whole school year. Them getting the other para has made the First Lady less stressed, Faith less stressed, and me get a lot less phone calls. Anyway, the school has decided on a Reduction in Force which eliminates 8 non-certified positions and 3 certified ones. They won't know 100% for sure until (hopefully this week sometime/the first week in May). So, that means they are attempting to get rid of ALL of the aides. She can not go to school without an aide. I'm a little concerned they may try to have her share one again, but that's also another idea that's terrible (in my opinion) because I'm certain I will get called to come and get her so much that having her in school wouldn't make any sense. I've been reading up on laws and stuff to see if legally they can actually do this (because I don't think they can, but I need something backing up my assumption). Right now I'm reading a document that's over 900 pages and I am not a fast reader. Anyway, after the IEP meeting I should have a much better idea about what is going on. Then last week Faith's insurance decided she will be dropped down to 1x a week for O.T. because they didn't feel like she was making enough progress to warrant two times a week. So, for the next 3 months she will go down to once a week and we will track if there was regression and then turn it into a case study and have it published. The O.T. appealed their decision. In three months we will try again and if we are denied I will also appeal it, with facts and # yo back it up so I get to feel kinda like I'm back in college again.
No comments:
Post a Comment